April 8, 2011

Ideal Protein - Week 1 Weigh In


So last Thursday, March 31st, I decided to start a new diet - Ideal Protein.  This diet was developed by Dr. Chanh Tran Tien.  I've been contemplating it for months now and finally decided I was willing to dedicate myself and just do it!  But let me tell you, the first 4 days were rough!  Really rough.  I was so hungry and almost had myself convinced that it was a starvation diet.  I now realize my body was just detoxing from no sugar or carbs.  Day 5, 6 and 7 have been re markedly better and I'm actually feeling great!

Until now, I never realized how bloated carbs were actually making me.  For instance, now after I eat a dinner of chicken, vegetables and salad I feel full, but not that "gross kinda feelin' full" that I had become so accustomed to.   

So tonight was my first weigh in. 

My starting weight last week was 172 LBS (uggg).

After 7 days on Ideal Protein, my weight is now 166.2 LBS

I'm down 5.8 LBS!   

This makes me very happy!  Now I can only hope the scale continues to go in the right direction.  They say the biggest loss will come in your first week, I hope to see at least a 3 LBS loss next week though.

Here's some info on Ideal Protein if anyone interested;

Ideal Protein Explained
Ideal Protein FAQ's
How Your Body May Initially Respond
Tips Idea's and Suggestions

You can also visit the Ideal Protein website here or Dr. Chanh Tran Tien website here.

No comments: