November 14, 2010

Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'd like to preface this post by apologizing for the constant changing of my blog background  I'm new to blogging and as you can tell, I'm having a hard time choosing a template design.

With that said...............

............today was the day I made my old faithful cookie recipe. 

Chewy, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are my favourite cookie of all time.  I have been using this recipe for many years.  It's tried and true and always delicious! 

Tracy's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup soft butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2-1/2 cups quick rolled oats
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Incorporate well.

In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars.  Beat in eggs, followed by milk and vanilla.  Blend well.

Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture.  Blend well.

Hand stir in oats and chocolate chips until incorporated.

Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 10-13 minutes.

Yields - 4 dozen (If you can keep your husband away from the batter!)




No comments: