November 5, 2010

Weeping Madonna?

Well the story of the "Weeping Madonna" has now made national news.  When the story first made it to our newspapers last week, I really didn't give it much thought.  Could such a claim be true?  My first instinct was no, but who am I to say for sure.  I do know I had to do a "drive by" to get a look for myself. 

Easier said than done. 

There were easily a hundred people there last night at 8pm.  There were people directing traffic, parking enforcement smacking all the illegally parked cars with tickets and police just manning the situation. 

People taking pictures and video, some praying but all eager to get up close to the statue and take a look for themselves.

I wasn't able to get very close because of the crowd, so my feeling remains the same....I'm just not sure.  I know I definitely don't want to say "there's no way such a thing could be true" because I do know that I'm superstitious and I don't wish to bring any ill upon myself.

I snapped a few pictures myself and will post soon.  For now, here's a gallery of photos to view from The Windsor Star.

I've also realized that this is far from the first time such claims have been made.  Here's another Madonna statue that is claimed to have wept tears of blood.

What do you believe?  Could such a thing be true?

Here are the pictures I was able to snap....good thing......she has now been moved to an undisclosed location.




No comments: