November 22, 2010

Deck The House!

The Christmas bug hit me earlier than usual this year.  I couldn't wait to get everything up and looking like Christmas so that's just what I did last weekend! 

Here's 2010's tree;                        This year's tree topper creation;


















Some of my favourite ornaments;
 





I love a mantle all decked out in holiday garb!  The warm glow of the fireplace, with stockings hung by the chimney with care...........I'm overcome with a sense of nostalgia!







The only concern I had with decking the house this year was our one cat, Stinkbum.  Priscilla wasn't a concern, but Stinkbum.....huge concern.  "Trouble" is this guys middle name.  I could go on and on about him, but that's a whole other post.  Surprisingly, he has been pretty well behaved, only knocking off the odd ornament and pulling the ribbon out every few days.  I'll take it, and won't complain.  I was seriously expecting much worse! 

Look at our pretty Christmas kitty...so innocent...NOT!


Merry Christmas everyone and happy decorating! 

Don't forget your mistletoe.......








1 comment:

Sara said...

Your tree and Christmas decor is beautiful...so festive!!